Project Citizenship seeks an Outreach Coordinator to encourage eligible permanent residents to apply for citizenship, manage Project Citizenship’s community workshops, oversee communications and marketing, and supervise one to two AmeriCorps volunteers. Project Citizenship’s sole mission is to assist permanent residents to become U.S. citizens by providing free application assistance.
Principal Purpose of Job: The Outreach Coordinator supports the Director of Programs and Operations, and works collaboratively with the Citizenship Coordinator. The Outreach Coordinator is responsible for managing immigrant outreach and community workshops, as well as marketing and communications. With training and experience, the Outreach Coordinator may obtain DOJ accreditation, and take on an active training and advocacy role.
Supervision: The Outreach Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Programs and Operations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Immigrant Outreach
- Conduct outreach in immigrant communities, including providing information sessions in collaboration with community organizations, and ethnic media coverage of events.
- Maintain and improve established strong networks with community organizations that are currently providing and/or have interest in citizenship.
- Expand referrals from community organizations in new service areas.
- Community Citizenship Workshops
- Plan and execute workshops in communities with established ties; create and develop partnerships for serving new, high need communities.
- Inform strategy in collaboration with other key staff members and develop plans for geographic and ethnic expansion of services.
- Communications and Marketing:
- Prepare and distribute monthly newsletter on MailChimp.
- Maintain and improve upon growing social media presence.
- Maintain and expand video stories and photo stories.
- Maintain and update Project Citizenship website.
- Perform other communication related projects and tasks, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- 1-2 years’ work experience in the nonprofit field.
- Detail-oriented, responsible, energetic, self-directed.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to plan workflows, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize, problem solve, and meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Suite) and facility with the internet.
- Knowledge of WordPress, MailChimp and Salesforce.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience with nonprofit organizations in the areas of immigration and knowledge of greater Boston community a plus.
- High degree of personal and professional integrity.
- Haitian Creole, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese or Portuguese proficient highly desired.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
How to apply: Please email one PDF of your resume and cover letter, along with 3 references to email@example.com