Watch this video to see if you are eligible for citizenship!
¡Mira este video para ver si eres elegible para la ciudadanía!
Requirements may vary depending on your situation. Generally, at the time of filing the N-400, applicants must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a permanent residence card (“green card”) for at least 5 years (3 years if married to a U.S. citizen)
- Have had physical presence in the United States for at least 30 months out of the 5 years (18 months if married to a U.S. citizen). Applicants must have lived in the state or USCIS district in which they are applying for at least 3 months.
- Have good moral character
- Be willing to take an oath to the United States and its Constitution
At the time of the interview applicants must also:
- Be able to read, write, and speak basic English. (English classes are available in many locations throughout Boston if necessary)
- Have a basic understanding of U.S. history and government. (Civics classes are available in many locations throughout Boston if necessary)
Not sure that you are eligible?
Call us at (617) 694-5949 to speak to one of our staff members, who will help you determine if you are eligible to become a U.S. citizen!
Start the process today by calling our office at 617-694-5949!