The Director of Development works as part of a dynamic, productive and energetic team working to help immigrants become U.S. citizens in Boston and beyond. Project Citizenship, a 2017 Social Innovation Forum innovator, provides direct services to immigrants with a core team of staff members and over 950 active volunteers. Project Citizenship is also part of a network of community organizations across New England that provides citizenship services. Project Citizenship works closely with Boston’s top law firms and law schools to ensure that all immigrants understand and have access to the path to citizenship.
The Director of Development provides vision to and oversees all aspects of fundraising including major gifts, events, and foundation and corporate relations. S/he provides professional and strategic fundraising leadership to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director and the development staff, and is responsible for developing and implementing a long-term strategy for fundraising growth while successfully meeting annual goals. The position reports to the Executive Director. This position is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is passionate about serving immigrants and is an intellectually intrigued, big-picture minded development professional to build a sustainable development plan based upon the marked organizational and fundraising success of the past two years.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to execute the strategic and operational plans to ensure that Project Citizenship maximizes opportunities, meets its goals, and significantly grows individual funding while building long-term sustainability
- Provide strategic guidance to strengthen and increase the Project Citizenship donor base, including individual, foundation and corporate prospects. Partner with the management team to identify funds needed, preferred funding targets, and approaches
- Develop and execute pitches and strategies to reach goals for different segments
- Establish benchmarks, metrics and reporting systems
- Manage a portfolio of high-level prospects and donors through stages of research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Provide support for Executive Director, Board, and Development Committee members by conducting prospect research and developing solicitation strategies
- Develop and maintain key long-term relationships with current donors and develop pipelines for acquiring new prospects
- Manage all aspects of current development efforts, including annual appeal, events, and corporate and foundation support
- Develop a comprehensive marketing and communications plan that includes social media and oversee the monthly newsletter to funders and volunteers
- Ensure consistent case for support and core messaging for all donor communications
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- Commitment to the mission of Project Citizenship
- Excellent donor interactions and communications
- Proven success in development for nonprofit organizations
- Demonstrated success in working with high level volunteers and committees
- Experience and success in fundraising from multiple donor channels, including corporate and foundations, major gifts and annual appeals
- Experience in planning, leading, and managing development projects, including coordinating with peers to achieve desired outcomes, and tracking and reporting on progress to senior managers/board of directors
- Initiative and a pro-active approach to deepen donor relationships and to forge new ones
- Skilled in creating powerful, compelling written and oral communications for fundraising
- Ability to convey complex ideas through brief, simple materials. Experience and credibility when presenting materials to external audiences
- Successful application of social media with proven results for marketing and fundraising efforts
- Excellent verbal and written communicator with ability to speak compellingly about our organization, mission and goals
- Ability to operate with purpose, urgency, and accuracy in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Effective at working with others to reach common goal and objectives
- Skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with peers, across different levels of the organization and externally
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Experience with Salesforce, Mailchimp, In Design or other graphic design
- Minimum BA/BS required
This position offers an excellent benefits and compensation package.
To learn more, or to submit a resume, Kelly T. Gaule, PROMUS+ Consulting, email@example.com. All inquires will be held in confidence.