Project Citizenship seeks a Citizenship Coordinator to provide support in carrying out Project Citizenship’s outreach, program development, and day to day functions. The Citizenship Coordinator is responsible for assisting with coordinating Project Citizenship’s citizenship events; including logistics, event advertising, volunteer training and management, and applicant screening.
Project Citizenship’s sole mission is to assist legal permanent residents to become U.S. citizens by providing free application assistance. Project Citizenship has community partners that also provide ESOL and citizenship classes.
Principal Purpose of Job: The Citizenship Coordinator will support the Program Manager with running the day to day operations, organizing citizenship workshops, and community and volunteer outreach.
Supervision: Citizenship Coordinator will report directly to the Project Citizenship Program Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Program Support
- Assist with event planning and provide support during Project Citizenship events.
- Assist with data tracking and reporting.
- Screen applicants for eligibility.
- Assist with recruiting, scheduling, and managing volunteers
- Community Outreach Support
- Reach out to immigrant communities to spread the word about Project Citizenship services.
- Build strong networks with community organizations that are currently providing and/or have interest in citizenship.
- Recruit qualified volunteers to assist with citizenship workshops.
- Attend partner organized citizenship events and record observations.
- Detail-oriented, responsible, energetic, self-directed
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to plan workflows, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, problem solve, and meet deadlines
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) and facility with the internet
- Knowledge of WordPress and Salesforce a plus
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Experience with nonprofit organizations in the areas of immigration and knowledge of Greater Boston community a plus
- High degree of personal and professional integrity
- Spanish, Haitian Creole, Mandarin, Cantonese, or Portuguese proficient a plus
Compensation commensurate with experience.
To apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.