New Americans Integration Program (NAIP) Fellow
AmeriCorps Service Member
The NAIP AmeriCorps Fellow joins the Project Citizenship team as an 11-month full time staff member. The Fellow will report directly to the Project Citizenship Program Managers.
Principal Purpose of Service: The Fellow will support the Program Managers with running the day to day operations of the office, organizing citizenship workshops, and engaging the eligible immigrant population through citizenship outreach.
Essential Job Functions:
- Day to Day Support
o Answering phones
o Handling mail
o Daily monitoring of social media
– Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
o Assist with website updates
- Workshop Support
o Assist with event planning and provide support during PC events
o Assist with data tracking and reporting
o Screen applicants for eligibility
o Perform other duties as assigned
- Community Outreach Support
o Reach out to immigrant communities to spread the word about PC services.
o Build strong networks with community organizations that are currently providing and/or have interest in citizenship.
o Recruit qualified volunteers to assist with citizenship workshops.
o Attend partner organized citizenship events for support and observations.
o Assist in building of Library Corners project
o Staff satellite offices in other cities, as necessary
o Consulate Outreach
o Faith based outreach
- Applicant Support
o Take in-office appointments as needed
o Assist with case follow up
o Provide customer service to applicants who need assistance with their case
o Assist in growth of Project Citizenship services that may include but is not limited to:
– ESOL/Civics classes
– Interview preparation classes
– Community information meetings
– Development of external marketing campaigns (success stories, etc)
- Qualifications Desired:
1. Detail-oriented, responsible, energetic, self-directed
2. Excellent organizational skills; ability to plan workflows, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, problem solve, and meet deadlines
3. Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) and facility with the internet
4. Knowledge of WordPress a plus
5. Strong writing and communication skills
6. Experience with nonprofit organizations in the areas of immigration and knowledge of Greater Boston community a plus
7. High degree of personal and professional integrity
8. Spanish or other secondary language proficient
To apply, fill out the application and send it along with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until all of the positions have been filled.