By Alan Wernick
NY Daily News
February 14th, 2019

Question: I became a permanent resident through marriage. Now that I have my permanent green card can I petition for a green card for my brother?

Answer: No. Only a U.S. citizen age 21 or older can petition for a brother or sister.

Immigration laws limit which relatives a U.S. citizen or permanent resident can sponsor.

Learn more

Skip to content